CMN uses XBEE Technology on the Girolata ferry to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
The Compagnie Méridionale de Navigation (CMN) desired to measure the efficiency of the XBEE Enzyme Fuel Technology to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
CMN selected the Girolata ferry to be the test ship, then powered on HFO 380 which sulfur content was rated at 2.165%.
Overview of work performed on the ferry Girolata:
- Girolata ferry connects Marseille, France, to the French island of Corsica.
- The experiment was processed from July 2006 to September 2006 and continued to April 2007.
- Ferry (IMO n°9088859) is 177.3 meters long, built-in 2002, with a capacity of 650 passengers, 160 cars, and 1,927 trucks.
- Four engines with a total power of 43,000 Hp
- Intermediate Fuel Oil 380